If you’re a wine lover, a great way to spend time near Cherry Hill, NJ, is visiting local wineries. You’ll love the peacefulness of a day at the wineries, the beauty of the vineyards, and sipping on delicious wines that are hard to resist.
• Amalthea Cellars, located at 209 Vineyard Road in Atco, is open Tuesday through Sunday from 11 am until 5 pm. It’s fewer than 45 minutes from Cherry Hill via Haddonfield Berlin Road.
Here you can enjoy affordable wine flights, which include five to six wines each. Opt for the white wine flight; the off-dry wine flight, which is a selection of semi-sweet wines; or the red wine flight. An individual flight is $6, but you can save money by trying more than one flight. For instance, two wine flights is $10, and all three wine flights is only $15. If you prefer, you can also purchase wine by the glass.
• Heritage Vineyards is located at 480 Mullica Hill Road in Mullica Hill, NJ, and was named Winery of the Year in New Jersey by the Garden State Wine Growers Association in 2011 and 2014. This winery is fewer than 30 minutes from Cherry Hill via NJ 55 South.
The tasting room is open daily from 9 am until 6 pm. Choose either the classic wine tasting, which highlights the most popular wines, for $5 or opt for the reserve wine tasting for $10, which features more limited and high-rated wines. Both flights include samples of five wines.
• Sharrott Winery is located at 370 South Egg Harbor Road in Hammonton, approximately 40 minutes from Cherry Hill via NJ 73 South.
This winery, with award-winning wines, is open Sunday through Thursday from noon to 5 pm and Friday and Saturday from noon to 9 pm. Tours are also available on both Saturday and Sunday at 12:30 pm and 2 pm. You don’t need to make reservations to enjoy this tour.
• Cedarvale Winery is located fewer than 30 minutes from Cherry Hill via I-295 South at 205 Repaupo Station Road in Swedesboro, NJ.
Hours are as follows: Thursday and Friday from noon to 7 pm, Saturday from 11 am to 7 pm, and Sunday from 11 am until 5 pm.
Featured wines include apple, blueberry, and nectarine table wines. Sample wines, take a tour, and talk to the winemaker to learn more about his award-winning wines.
• Tomasello Winery & Banquet Hall is located at 225 North White Horse Pike in Hammonton. This is about an hour and a half from Cherry Hill via the New Jersey Turnpike South.
This winery is well established, having been founded nearly 80 years ago. The tasting room is open Monday through Friday from 9 am until 6 pm, Saturday from 9 am to 7 pm, and Sunday from 11 am to 6 pm.
Sip on wine as you sit in the archway courtyard, enjoying the view that surrounds you, for a day you won’t soon forget.
You don’t want to miss out on these wonderful wineries around Cherry Hill, NJ. Make plans to go with your friends or family today, and remember to always drink responsibly. Always have a designated driver in your party. After all, a safe driver is a sober driver.