Memorial Day is our chance as a nation to step back and appreciate the amazing people in our armed forces. We gather together during this weekend to honor those who have put their lives on the line for their country. It’s a day we can remember all of the brave men and women who fought for our freedoms as well as those who are still overseas working to keep them.
There are many ways to celebrate Memorial Day around Cherry Hill, NJ, this year. Here are a few of the upcoming Memorial Day events you can attend throughout the weekend.
- Camden County Veterans Affairs Memorial Day Services: On Saturday, May 23, a memorial service will be held at 10 am at the Camden County Veterans Cemetery located at the Harleigh Cemetery on Kaighn Avenue in Camden.
- Memorial Day Services: On Monday, May 25, there will be a series of events throughout Cherry Hill honoring those who have lost their lives in the line of duty. The schedule for the day will be as follows:
- At 9:30 am, the Memorial Day services will begin at the American Legion Post flagpole, 1532 Martin Avenue in Cherry Hill.
- At 10 am, the event will continue on to Locustwood Cemetery. There, a service will be held at the Battan/Corregidor Monument at Cooper River to honor the fallen.
- At 11 am, a Memorial Day ceremony will be conducted at Cherry Hill Township Building. SAL member John Giacoboni and his crew will provide food and refreshments to all those who are present at the services and ceremonies.
- Memorial Day Parade in Tabernacle: Held in nearby Tabernacle, NJ, people from all over South Jersey attend this parade. The parade will be held on Saturday, May 23 beginning at 10 am at Seneca High School. It will continue down Carranza Road and on to the Junior Mechanics Cemetery. From that point, the parade will travel to Tabernacle Town Hall. There, a ceremony will be held to honor those who have died in service to our great nation.
Performances at the parade will include the Medford Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #7677 Color Guard, the Seneca High School Marching Band, emergency vehicles, floats that cover a wide array of patriotic moments in history, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, and many local civic groups.
- Bradley Beach Memorial Day Parade and Festival: Another South Jersey event that can be enjoyed by all, the Bradley Beach Memorial Day Festival will take place throughout the course of Memorial Day weekend.
The events will kick off with the parade on Saturday, May 23. The parade is set to begin at 10 am at the corner of Ocean Avenue and Bradley Boulevard in Bradley Beach.
After the parade, the Memorial Day Weekend Festival will be underway. This event will take place rain or shine and will have a number of food, beverage, and craft vendors. All ages will love the local entertainment and activities.
The Bradley Beach Memorial Day Parade will include performances by local marching bands as well as pipe and music groups from throughout the state of New Jersey.