Americans have always loved beer. In fact, beer has probably never been more popular in this country as it is right now. This is because of all of the different microbreweries that have been popping up all over the United States. Microbreweries are often small bar or restaurants that brew their own beer. This gives customers a chance to try unique kinds of beers and to learn more about beer – not to mention, gives them the chance to support local establishments instead of large beer manufacturing companies that have traditionally controlled the market. So if you’re looking for a new, tasty beer, drop in at a microbrewery. The following are five of the best microbreweries in New Jersey that we highly recommend you try out.
Best Microbreweries in New Jersey:
- Climax Brewing Co. – Located in Roselle Park, Climax Brewing Co. is the oldest craft brewery in New Jersey, having opened back in 1994. They’ve got quite a reputation as well – the late journalist Michael Jackson, who released several highly regarded books on beer, published a photo of the Climax Brewing Co. in his book. While the craft brewery doesn’t have a tasting room, you can drop in at any time and ask for a tour from the owner, Dave Hoffman. Their flagship beers include their India Pale Ale, their Golden Ale, their Helles Lager, their Nut Brown Ale and their ESB.
- Gaslight Brewery Restaurant – The Gaslight Brewery Restaurant is located in South Orange and has been operating since 1998. Although known for their Pirate Pale Ale, their Perfect Stout, their Bison Brown and their Bulldog Blonde beers, they also attract many customers for their fantastic German, American, Creole and Italian food. You can even buy everything you need here to brew your own beer at home at their homebrew-supply shop located on the second floor of their restaurant.
- The Ship Inn Restaurant and Brewery – The Ship Inn Restaurant and Brewery was the first brewpub to open up in the state since the state law that banned brewpubs was lifted in 1993. Additionally, it’s also one of the few local breweries where a woman is the head brewer. Lea Rombolo, the head brewer, is known for her English ales, which are brewed according to tradition. Try out their Best Bitter, Extra Special Bitter or Golden Wheat Light beers while chowing down on their eco-conscious American and English food and enjoying the unique atmosphere – the bar was salvaged from the bowling alley that used to be present in the space.
- Tuckahoe Brewing Co – The Tuckahoe Brewing Co., which is located in Oceanview, is unique amongst most microbreweries in that it was established as a way to benefit the community through the support of local charities. Partial proceeds of its New Brighton Coffee Stout, which was created in partnership with a local coffee shop, goes towards the Marine Mammal Standing Center. The Tuckahoe Brewing Co produces four year-round beers as well as one rotating seasonal.
- Artisan’s Brewery & Italian Grill – Not many microbreweries operate as Italian restaurants as well (the Italians are known for wine, after all). Try out their fantastic Mediterranean and Italian cuisine while enjoying flagship beers such as their Red Ale, Artisan’s Light and West Coast IPA.
These are five of the best microbreweries in New Jersey. Be sure to drop in at our Cherry Hill Nissan dealership, located at 2325 Route 38 in Cherry Hill, NJ, for information about our large inventory of new Nissan vehicles that include the 2014 Nissan 370Z and the 2014 Nissan Altima. Contact us at Cherry Hill Nissan for more information.